Photoshop CS6 + The Master Collection Creative Suite 6 are now officially announced, and are available for pre-orders.
The Photoshop CS6 Extended Features page does speak of the graphics aspects of this version, slightly. Read the info below for more details on how CS6 utilizes these improvements.
- Comparison of Adobe Photoshop Versions − CS6 CS5 CS4 CS3 Extended
- Where Are the Adobe CS6 Free 30 day Trial Downloads?
- What Are the System Requirements for Photoshop CS6 ?
- The System Requirements for Photoshop CS6
- Master Collection 6 CS6 System Requirements
There will be a Live Webcast Launch Event for free.
Photoshop CS6 Buying Guide and Pricing
Adobe Photoshop CS6 is able to improve performance by using the system’s GPU Graphics card processor. By handing off more Photoshop operations to the GPU, utilizing OpenCL OpenGL, CS6 has signifiacntly increased performance in this latest version.
Everything that we’ve thrown at it has been more smoothly and quickly rendered in CS6. It makes the whole image editing process feel better.
Photoshop CS6 Beta Installation Notes – pdf – more on the Graphics + System Requirements
Some of the areas with improved performance include:
- Adaptive Wide Angle Filter (requires a compatible video card)
- Oil Paint (requires a compatible video card)
- Field Blur, Iris Blur, and Tilt/Shift (accelerated by OpenCL compatible video card)
- 3D enhancements New in CS6 (All 3D features in Photoshop need a compatible video card with at least 512MB VRAM)
- Lighting Effects Gallery (compatible video card required with at least 512MBVRAM)
- Liquify (accelerated by compatible video card with at least 512MB VRAM)
- Warp and Puppet Warp (accelerated by compatible video card)
Some of these features are improved, several features really zoom, with real-time updates so fast that you don’t even feel it processing in the background.
For users who will be working with these features, this alone is a big boost to CS6’s advantages.
Comments on “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Uses OpenCL OpenGL Features of GPU to Accelerate Graphics – Improved Performance”